Mental Health Champions
Family Link Worker
At Studley St Mary's we are committed to understanding and supporting the well-being of all of our pupils. As a school community we are aware of the challenges our pupils face and offer support for their well-being through the following:
- Meet and greets in the morning to help with transition
- The use of Zones of Regulation to identify emotions
- Four key adult Mental Health Champions across the school - Mrs Andrews, Mrs Barnes, Ms Stevens and Mrs Kirkland. These adults are available to listen and support and have completed training through 'Place2Be' https://www.place2be.org.uk/
- A student Mental Health Champion per class, these children are able to communicate the needs of other children and reflect on the support offered.
- Weekly tips and activities sent via Class Dojo
- Opportunity to use the Peace Garden to help with self-regulation
- Weekly Picture News that provides all students with the opportunity to discuss current events in a safe environment.
Senior Mental Health Lead: Mrs Gordon
Mental Health Lead: Mrs Andrews
Mental Health First Aiders: Mrs Andrews (Youth Mental Health First Aid 2023) Mrs Kirkland (Mental Health First Aid 2018)
Adult Mental Health Champions: Mrs Andrews, Ms Stevens, Mrs Barnes and Mrs Kirkland.
Zones of Regulation
At Studley St Mary's we use the Zones of Regulation throughout the day. We believe that children should have the opportunity to share all feelings and emotions in a safe environment at any point of the day.