Summer 2020 FSM update
UPDATE 25TH MARCH 2020 - DUE TO THE CURRENT SCHOOL CLOSURES:
If any of your children are entitled to free school meals, you can call Warwickshire Welfare for 6 weeks of support for food - 08004081448
Free School Meals
Are you eligible for Free School Meals?
We feel that there are a number of families who are eligible for Free School Meals and who are not benefiting from them. You may be eligible if you receive:
- Income support
- Income-based job seeker’s allowance (JSA)
- Income-related employment and support allowance (ESA)
- Guarantee element of state pension credit
- Universal credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Both income-based and contribution-based JSA/ESA, if you receive the same amount for both. You should also qualify if you receive both, but the Income-based amount is greater, but not if the contribution-based amount is greater
- Families who are awarded Child Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by HMRC, not in excess of £16,190 are also eligible to claim free school meals providing there is no entitlement to Working Tax Credit (unless in respect of a 4-week ‘run-on’).
The online checking system only confirms or denies your eligibility to claim free school meals: it does not give the department any other information. If you are currently in receipt of either Universal Credit or the 4-week run on of Working Tax Credit the system will not automatically be able to determine your eligibility, therefore you will need to send proof that you are in receipt of these benefits to the Free School Meals office once you have completed and saved your application.
When your eligibility has been confirmed and your application processed, you will be sent an email confirming eligibility. The school will also receive notification of your child’s application.
The online checking system will continuously check your eligibility status and inform you and the school of any changes.
- The school will receive funding based on our numbers of free school meals pupils.
- Even if your child does not want a school meal, it is important that you apply for free school meals if you are entitled as the school will receive additional funding which can be used in other ways to support your child.
- The names of children receiving free school meals are kept confidential, from their classmates.
- FSM provide financial help to parents and result in a hot dinner for your child.
- By telephone: 01926 359189 (Customer Service Centre).